'Carrying on with lives' Eugenie and Beatrice tipped for royal change after Andrew scandal

0
47


On Tuesday, the Duke of York settled out of court with Virginia Guiffre in civil sex claim filed in the US. Ms Guiffre alleged she was forced by Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell to have sex with the Duke on three occasions after being trafficked by the pair. Andrew has vehemently denied the accusations.

The settlement saw Andrew pay an undisclosed sum to Ms Giuffre, and agree to make “a substantial donation to Ms Giuffre’s charity in support of victims’ rights”.

The Duke said he regrets his “association” with Mr Epstein and to show his remorse he plans “on supporting the fight against the evils of sex trafficking, and by supporting its victims”.

A document submitted to a US court said on Tuesday: “Virginia Giuffre and Prince Andrew have reached an out of court settlement.

“The parties will file a stipulated dismissal upon Ms Giuffre’s receipt of the settlement (the sum of which is not being disclosed).

“Prince Andrew intends to make a substantial donation to Ms Giuffre’s charity in support of victims’ rights.

“Prince Andrew has never intended to malign Ms Giuffre’s character, and he accepts that she has suffered both as an established victim of abuse and as a result of unfair public attacks.

“It is known that Jeffrey Epstein trafficked countless young girls over many years. Prince Andrew regrets his association with Epstein and commends the bravery of Ms Giuffre and other survivors in standing up for themselves and others.

“He pledges to demonstrate his regret for his association with Epstein by supporting the fight against the evils of sex trafficking, and by supporting its victims.” 

The statement contained no admission of liability or wrongdoing by Andrew.

The Telegraph reported Andrew will pay £12 million, with £10 million going to Ms Giuffre and £2 million going to her sex abuse charity.

READ MORE: Prince Harry’s ‘blazing temper’ exposed: ‘Just like Diana!’

Royal expert and biographer Duncan Larcombe said that in the wake of Andrew’s settlement, his daughters Eugenie and Beatrice may distance themselves from the Royal Family.

He told OK! magazine: “We are in uncharted waters here because their lives will probably feel quite different.

“Events where they will always have been expected to be at because they were joining their father – like the Easter service at Windsor Castle or Commonwealth Day at Westminster Abbey – we will see them less as a result of their father being stripped of his royal duties.

“But that might well suit them, why do we assume that they want anything to do with the working nuts and bolts of the Royal family?

DON’T MISS

“They’re both happily married and have got children, I would have thought this whole episode may make them think they want to carry on with their lives.

“I can’t imagine it raises their enthusiasm for laying themselves bare as a family and exposing themselves and their children to all of the horrible things that can go wrong.

“Being a royal’s great when the flags are waving at you, but when they’re throwing eggs it’s not a good position to have.”

It comes after Jennie Bond, expert and former BBC royal correspondent, previously told OK! Eugenie and Beatrice will depend on each other

She said: “They are very close as sisters, they’re very supportive of one another and I think all the turmoil they’ve had in their young lives has brought them closer together.

“In the Royal Family, there is such a limited circle of friends and family who can understand your situation, but then I always thought that William and Harry would understand any situation but clearly that’s not true.

“But with Beatrice and Eugenie, I’ve not heard of any disruption of their relationship.”



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here