According to The Met Police, they first received reports of an attack in Ashburton Park at about 7pm on Thursday. A spokesperson for the police force said: “Officers attended and found a 15-year-old boy suffering from stab injuries.”
Officers “immediately provided first aid” while waiting for the London Ambulance Service paramedics.
The spokesperson added: “Despite their efforts, he was pronounced dead at the scene at 7.36pm.
“His next of kin have been informed.”
The boy’s attacker is still on the loose, and the police confirmed no arrests had been made so far.
The Specialist Crime Command is now in charge of the murder investigation.
The victim’s name has not been made public yet, and a postmortem examination will be held in due course.
A crime scene remains in place at the park, which is close to Woodside tram stop and in past years has hosted funfairs and circuses, reports MyLondon.
Alex Murray, the Met police commander, said: “I am deeply saddened by every single homicide this year and greatly concerned by those that have been teenage killings.
READ MORE: ‘Macron threats’ spurred London top financial centre focus
Thursday’s tragedy is the 29th teenage homicide in London in 2021.
The previous peak was 29 in the capital in 2008.
Police have asked anyone with information about the latest killing to call them via 101 quoting reference CAD 5443/30Dec.
To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.