As authorities try and rebuild after the chaos of Storm Eunice on Friday, high winds are set to continue to sweep across the country from Sunday onwards. Yesterday presented a temporary lull after the Met Office issued a rare Red Warning ahead of Friday’s powerful storm.
It tragically claimed at least four lives across the UK and Ireland as record-breaking gales of 122mph blasted the country.
However there is no respite for the UK after the Met Office named a storm is forecast to bring strong winds and heavy rain to the UK on Sunday and Monday.
Storm Franklin will lash Britain, with the strongest winds in Northern Ireland where an Amber weather warning has been issued
Ahead of a resumption of the torrid weather, Met Office meteorologist Greg Dewhurst urged people to brace themselves for more windy weather.
READ MORE: UK weather warning: Storm Franklin to wreak mayhem within HOURS
All this comes are around 195,000 homes remained without power last night, according to the Energy Networks Association.
It said that engineers had already reconnected around 1.2million households.
Business and Energy Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng tweeted about the storm – described as one of the worst to hit the UK in decades – yesterday.
He said: “Storm Eustice update: 1.2 million customers have had power restored. 190k are off-supply 8,000 field staff and engineers are working day and night to restore power.
“We expect most customers to have supplies restored promptly.
“Strong winds across southern England are impacting restoration efforts.
“This morning I spoke to SSENcommunity to ensure customers have their power restored as quickly as possible.
“I would like to thank our emergency services and engineers who are working tirelessly.”