Celtic 3-2 Dundee: Hat-trick hero Giorgos Giakoumakis rescues Celtic from shock draw to bottom-placed side Dundee
- Giorgos Giakoumakis was the hero as Celtic overcame a troublesome Dundee
- Danny Mullen’s goal in the 26th minute put the Premiership strugglers ahead
- But Giorgos Giakoumakis scored twice in two minutes to give Celtic the win
- However Ryan Sweeney’s second half goal meant the game was level at 2-2
- A late winner from Giakoumakis means they move three points clear of Rangers
Giorgos Giakoumakis scored a hat-trick as Celtic overcame bottom-placed side Dundee.
The league strugglers went ahead through Danny Mullen’s goal in the 26th minute but Celtic hit back shortly after the half hour mark.
Giorgos Giakoumakis netted the first of his goals in the 34th minute before doubling both his personal and his team’s tally in the 38th.
However, Celtic conceded in the 60th minute via Ryan Sweeney and looked likely to be heading for a draw.
But late on Giakoumakis became the hero with a winner in the 86th minute.
Giorgos Giakoumakis was the hero as his hat-trick gave Celtic a win over strugglers Dundee
Bottom-placed side Dundee took a shock lead in the 26th minute through Danny Mullen
But Giakoumakis scored two goals in four minutes to give the home side the advantage
However Ryan Sweeney’s goal on the hour mark seemed to have given Dundee a vital point
But Giakoumakis scored again four minutes before full time to give Celtic all three points