Wolves 2-1 Aston Villa: Jonny on target again as Bruno Lage’s men climb up to seventh…but there’s trouble for Steven Gerrard after a third straight defeat in the Premier League
- Jonny scored opener as Wolves beat Aston Villa 2-0 at Molineux
- Ashley Young’s own goal made it two for the hosts just before the break
- Ollie Watkins scored a late consolation for Steven Gerrard’s men
- Wolves climbed up to seventh in the Premier League table above West Ham
- Villa remained ninth after third consecutive league defeat
Wolves climbed up seventh in the Premier League with a 2-1 win over Aston Villa at Molineux on Saturday afternoon, condemning their Midlands rivals to a third consecutive defeat.
Having opened his account for the season against Leeds before the international break, Jonny scored his second goal in as many games to give the hosts an early lead after just seven minutes.
Wolves then added a second just before halftime as Villa’s veteran fullback Ashley Young diverted the ball into his own net, before Ollie Watkins pulled one back for the visitors late on.
Jonny put Wolves in front against Aston Villa with his second goal of the season