London stabbing horror as man in 40s knifed to death in capital – appeal launched

0
61


A man in his 40’s was stabbed just after midnight on Tuesday January 4 in Yiewsely, Hillingdon. Emergency services rushed to the high street and treated the man at the scene.

Paramedics from the London Ambulance Service were unfortunately unable to save the man, who died half an hour later.

Officers are appealing for anyone with information on the incident to come forwards.

There have been no arrests as of writing, and a post-mortem will take place at a later date.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 00:12hrs on Tuesday, 4 January by the London Ambulance Service to reports of a stabbing on the High Street in Yiewsley, West Drayton.

“Officers attended and joined paramedics who were treating a man, believed aged in his 40s, who had been found with stab wounds.

“Despite their best efforts, the man was pronounced dead at 00:43hrs. His next of kin are aware. They will be supported by specialist officers.

“A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course. At this early stage there have been no arrests.

“A crime scene is in place and some local road closures will remain while enquiries are carried out.”

READ MORE: Man brutally attacked by 15 youths over scooter row

It comes after 2021 saw the highest number of teenage murders ever recorded.

In the last year, 30 teenage boys were murdered in the capitol, with the last incident recorded on December 30, surpassing the previous peak of 29 deaths in 2008.

On Thursday, two boys were killed on the same day within half an hour.

A 15-year-old boy was killed at around 7pm Ashburton Park in Croydon, South London.

A 16-year-old boy was then fatally injured in Hillingdon less than half an hour later.

The youngster was pronounced dead on land in Philpotts Farm Open Space at 8.25pm.

DON’T MISS

Speaking on December 30, London Mayor Sadiq Khan said he was left “devastated” by the two murders.

He said in a Twitter thread: “I am devastated by the deaths of a 15-year-old boy in Croydon and a 16-year-old boy in Hillingdon.

“My thoughts & prayers are with their families, friends & communities. I’m in close contact with MetPoliceUK who are doing everything possible to bring those responsible to justice.

“The safety of Londoners will always be my number one priority.

“This is why I am investing record amounts in policing to put more officers on the streets and creating positive opportunities for almost 100,000 young Londoners helping to divert them away from violence.”

Mr Khan then added he refuses “to accept that the loss of young lives is inevitable” and “will continue to be relentless in taking the bold action needed to put an end to violence in our city.”

Anyone who has information is asked to call 101 or tweet @MetCC, giving the reference 0063/04JAN.

Information can also be provided to the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here