Manchester City star Joao Cancelo WILL be available to face Arsenal on Saturday just TWO days after fighting off intruders in his family home
- Joao Cancelo will be available to play for Manchester City against Arsenal
- Police are investigating after Cancelo was attacked by four burglars on Thursday
- The Manchester City defender sustained facial injuries in the incident
- Cancelo was at home with his partner, Daniela, and their two-year-old daughter
Joao Cancelo has travelled to London and will be available for Manchester City on Saturday after being the target of a traumatic robbery.
The full back was left with facial injuries inflicted by four intruders inside his own home on Thursday night.
Cancelo had fought back against the burglars with his partner, Daniela, and two-year-old daughter inside the house. The 27-year-old’s jewellery collection was stolen during the ordeal.
Manchester City defender Joao Cancelo has revealed he was attacked at home by intruders – but will be available to face Arsenal on Saturday, it has been confirmed
City’s player liaison staff visited the property to offer support to the family and Greater Manchester Police are investigating the incident.
Cancelo’s physical and mental wellbeing were checked in the hours before Pep Guardiola’s squad made their way down to the capital ahead of Saturday’s Premier League clash at Arsenal.
The Portugal international was deemed fit enough to form part of the squad and he is available for selection at the Emirates Stadium.
Cancelo pictured with his partner Daniela – they have a baby daughter together called Alicia
Cancelo (left) has won the Premier League with City since joining from Juventus in 2019
City said in a statement late on Thursday night that Cancelo is assisting police investigations
Cancelo has been in stunning form for the defending champions so far this season, scoring three goals and recording seven assists.
Kyle Walker returned to training this week after illness and is pushing for inclusion against Arsenal, with Oleksandr Zinchenko also hopeful of a recall at left back.
Cancelo labelled the thieves ‘cowards’, while City said in a statement that they were ‘shocked and appalled’ at the attack on their player’s family.
‘When you show resistance this is what happens,’ Cancelo said on social media alongside a selfie showing visible scarring.
‘They managed to take all my jewellery and leave me with my face with this state. I don’t know how there are people with such meanness. The most important thing for me is my family and luckily they are all OK.’