Manchester United star Bruno Fernandes laughs off speculation linking him with Barcelona

0
41


‘The new year started a few days ago, yet we’re already at April 1st!’ Man United star Bruno Fernandes laughs off speculation from Portuguese media linking him with Barcelona amid turbulent season at Old Trafford

  • Bruno Fernandes was linked with a sensational move to Barcelona last week 
  • But the Manchester United midfielder has brushed off the speculation 
  • He joked it was ‘already April 1’ after the report from Portuguese media 
  • Fernandes has endured a difficult season with United amid a loss of top form 


Manchester United midfielder Bruno Fernandes has laughed off a rumoured move to Barcelona, joking that it must be April Fool’s Day following a report from Portuguese media linking him to the Nou Camp. 

Fernandes is not enjoying the best of seasons by any stretch, failing to match his previous highs by netting just once since September, despite being the club’s top scorer on 28 strikes last season.

The club are enduring a turbulent spell this term after some woeful results, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer getting the sack and now interim coach Ralf Rangnick finds himself under fire too – with Fernandes among the crop of players in the firing line for some poor recent displays. 

Bruno Fernandes has laughed off speculation from Portugal linking him with Barcelona

Bruno Fernandes has laughed off speculation from Portugal linking him with Barcelona 

The Manchester United midfielder said it must be April Fools Day after the report's publication

The Manchester United midfielder said it must be April Fools Day after the report’s publication

Sportsmail reported last week that up to 17 United stars are unsettled at Old Trafford amid fears of an exodus next summer that includes Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Edinson Cavani and Donny van de Beek – with a lowly atmosphere in the dressing room and even Rangnick shocked at the poor state the club finds itself in.

The discontent at United led to reports from Portuguese outlet SportTV claiming the Portuguese ace was a target for LaLiga giants Barcelona on their official Instagram page, leading Fernandes to get involved by rejecting the reports.

The post attached the story, with the caption: ‘Bruno Fernandes [has] been offered to barcelona. ‘Would it do [him well] to trade the Red Devils for Culers?’

Fernandes responded by writing: ‘And I thought the new year only started a few days ago, yet we’re already on April 1!

‘Or is this once again just bad journalism?’

Fernandes has struggled to recreate his best form this season, scoring once since September

Fernandes has struggled to recreate his best form this season, scoring once since September

Advertisement

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here