News

Meghan and Harry fans spark fury as they try to cancel critic – 'I will speak my mind'

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr


The Duke and Duchess of Sussex stepped away from royal duties at the beginning of last year. Following their departure from the Firm, Harry, 37, and Meghan, 40, moved to the US where they are striving to live a “financially independent” life.

They now live in Montecito, with their two children Archie, two, and six-month-old Lilibet.

After their step away from duties, the couple took part in an explosive tell-all interview with US chat show host Oprah, where they made a series of seismic claims about their time as royals.

During the sit-down chat in March, Meghan said there were “conversations” within the Royal Family about how dark their baby’s skin might be.

She said: “In those months when I was pregnant [there were] concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he was born.”

The person who allegedly made the comments was never named, with Meghan adding: “That would be very damaging to them.”

Prince Harry also said he would “never share” the full details of the discussion.

It was later revealed by Oprah that the Queen and the late Duke of Edinburgh were not responsible for the alleged comments.

The chat show host told CBS This Morning: “He [Harry] did not share the identity with me but he wanted to make sure I knew, and if I had an opportunity to share it, that it was not his grandmother or grandfather that were part of those conversations.”

READ MORE: Inside the Kate and Will’s Christmas – 5am starts and special gifts

Diarist and royal commentator Richard Eden commented on the allegations on Twitter.

On December 28, in a tweet to his 17.7k followers, he wrote: “I genuinely worry that Prince Harry and #Meghan’s criticism of unnamed ‘racist’ royals has increased the danger of attacks on the #Royal Family.

“Security needs to be stepped up as a result.”

However, his tweet appeared to anger fans of Meghan and Harry – who often refer to themselves as the Sussex Squad – as Mr Eden confirmed that the tweet had been reported, but that he wouldn’t be silenced, and would continue to speak about the royals.

While a day later on December 29, Mr Eden shared a screenshot of a message he had received from Twitter, notifying him that his tweet had been reported by fans of the couple residing in Germany.

DON’T MISS 
Furious Britons react to Meghan and Harry in GB News interviews [INSIGHT] 
Queen could have had famous UK monster named after her [REVEAL] 
Kate and William set to miss Sussexes during US tour [REPORT]

The message says “Twitter is required by German law to provide notice to users who are reported by people from Germany via the Network Enforcement Act reporting flow”.

It later adds that the aforementioned tweet was reported, but that Twitter had found it was not subject to removal under the rules of the social media channel or German law.

Mr Eden captioned the screenshot with: “Despite the best efforts of Prince Harry and #Meghan’s fans to get me ‘cancelled’, I will continue to speak my mind on #royal issues.”

Mr Eden’s original tweet had gained a mixed reaction from royal fans, with some rushing to the defence of the Sussexes, while others appeared to agree with the commentator’s views.

User tuppenybunch wrote: “I think you’re right Richard, although it’s a danger they live with daily.”

Mr Eden’s tweet came amid news that Scotland Yard had instigated a reorganisation of the Royal Family’s security arrangements, though there is no suggestion that reorganisation has been prompted due to the Sussexes interview with Oprah.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, both 39, and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, 74, are said to be among members of the Firm who have reportedly expressed “concern” over a security change that sees them lose some of their most loyal and longstanding personal protection officers.

The reorganisation of the security arrangement is being led by Metropolitan Police Commander Helen Millichap, who is in charge of Protection Command.

There had also been concerns for the safety of the Queen after an armed intruder broke into the private grounds of Windsor Castle, where the Queen was celebrating Christmas, on December 25.



Write A Comment