Princess Charlene to be reunited with family as Albert and children set to visit her

0
77


Charlene will be able to see her husband Prince Albert and twin children Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella again after weeks of absence from Monaco. The Monegasque Palace said in a statement the princess is continuing her convalescence at a treatment facility, where she has been recovering from profound exhaustion since November.

But, the palace also said, she will be able to be visited by her immediate family over the holidays.

The statement read: “H.S.H. Princess Charlene will be visited by H.S.H. Prince Albert II and Their Children during the Christmas holidays.

“Once her health is strong enough, the Princess looks forward to spending time with the Monegasques.”

Providing an update on her health, the palace added: “The Princely Palace would like to share the following information regarding H.S.H. Princess Charlene’s health.

“H.S.H. Princess Charlene is recuperating in a satisfactory and reassuring manner, although it may take a few more months before her health has reached a full recovery.”

The statement also included a request for privacy on behalf of the couple.

It read: “During this period of convalescence, the Princely Couple kindly request that their privacy and family environment remain well respected.”

Princess Charlene chose to be admitted to an undisclosed facility “outside of Monaco” last month, Prince Albert first revealed to People magazine.

READ MORE: Meghan and Harry treat fans to new photo of Archie and Lili

This, the prince said, was a voluntary choice she made after realising she was not well.

He said: “She had already made her decision, and we only wanted her to confirm it in front of us. She wanted this.

“She already knew the best thing to do was to go and have a rest and have a real medically framed treatment.”

Charlene’s decision to tackle her “incredible fatigue” in a specialised structure came after she returned from a forced six-month stay in South Africa.

DON’T MISS 

In May, the princess travelled to the country she grew up in with the intention to remain a few days to carry out conservation work with her foundation.

However, she found herself stuck there after developing a severe ear, nose, throat (ENT) infection.

Due to the nature of her issue, she could not get on a flight back to Monaco until it was resolved.

And to heal from it, she undertook several visits and procedures – the last taking place on October 8.

The royal was able to fly back home in early November and she marked the reunion with her family with a picture she shared on her Instagram account.

News she would not take part in Monaco’s main holiday, its National Day, because she was experiencing “profound general fatigue” came only a few days later.

While she hasn’t been in the public eye, Charlene has been active on social media.

On November 19, she marked National Day by sharing a video of a Monegasque flag flying and the national anthem playing.

On December 10, she celebrated the seventh birthday of Jacques and Gabriella sharing three pictures of the children in front of a 7-shaped birthday cake.

Earlier this week, Charlene wished her followers happy holidays as she shared the Christmas card of the Monegasque family.

This card isn’t a picture of the reunited family but, rather, a drawing of them surrounded by presents and a Christmas tree.

On Friday, the princess shared a video for her foundation, in which she asked people for support to help “give an opportunity” to struggling children.

Charlene, a former Olympic swimmer, lent her voice and image for this clip, saying: “Please join and support my foundation, a team of sports champions, corporations, and individuals all engaged in an effort to give our children the tools they need to live safe, happy, and successful lives through sport.”



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here