Roma 2-2 Verona: Teenage substitutes Cristian Volpato and Edoardo Bove save hosts from defeat as Jose Mourinho is SENT OFF in draw
- Roma came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Hellas Verona at Stadio Olimpico
- Antonin Barak and Adrien Tameze put the visitors in control in the first half
- 18-year-old Cristiano Volpato came off the bench to half the deficit for Roma
- Fellow substitute Edoardo Bove, 19, provided the equaliser six minutes from time
- Jose Mourinho was shown a red card in second half stoppage time
Roma needed two teenage substitutes to save them as they came from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Hellas Verona.
Antonin Barak and Adrien Tameze both found the net inside the opening 20 minutes for the visitors, who also had a goal ruled out for offside by VAR in the first half.
18-year-old Cristian Volpato came off the bench in the second half for Roma and scored within three minutes – his first senior goal in only his second appearance – before fellow substitute Edoardo Bove, 19, equalised in similarly efficient fashion.
To cap a thoroughly entertaining game, Jose Mourinho was sent off in second half stoppage time.
Full match report to follow.
Czech international Antonin Barak gave Verona the lead after just five minutes in Rome
Adrien Tameze’s fourth Serie A goal of the season doubled the visitors’ lead after 20 minutes
18-year-old Cristian Volpato came off the bench to pull a goal back for Roma in the second half
Fellow substitute Edoardo Bove, 19, scored the equaliser in the 84th minute at Stadio Olimpico
Jose Mourinho was sent off in second half stoppage time as Roma fought back to earn a point